|Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)|
|Location:||Orange Mound Health Center|
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
|Job Title||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
|Department||Medical - Clinical Support|
|Reports To||Site Manager|
|Position Summary||The LPN provides nursing care to CCHS patients, assisting physicians and nurse practitioners with various aspects of patient care and performing patient testing, as ordered. The LPN helps to ensure smooth patient flow through the clinic and also assists with some clerical responsibilities.
||1. Assists with initiation of medical history and physical assessment. Draws blood and collects other specimens for lab analysis. Prepares for and assists with medical procedures such as GYN exams, wound care, etc.
2. Reviews medical records to ensure completeness prior to patient exam, obtaining missing documentation, lab reports, and consultation results. Documents clinic visits, observations, and related activities. Prepares and maintains required reports, records, and files.
3. Provides telephone triage and initiates follow-up calls directed by the physician or nurse coordinator. Refers disposition to supervisor and documents in medical record the results of phone call.
4. Assists with the scheduling and referral of patients for specific treatments, procedures, home health services, and hospital admissions, as needed.
5. Educates patients and families within the scope of knowledge base; provides informational material as appropriate. Assists with staff education and supervision such as preceptorship.
6. Responds to inquiries, communicating policies, procedures, and standards to patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees.
7. Cleans exam and treatment rooms following patient discharge, appropriately disposing of trash to provide a clean environment; wipes up spills and sanitizes area, as needed.
8. Maintains adequate level of supplies, medications, linens, and equipment, requisitioning additional supplies, as needed.
9. Ensures patient care equipment is clean and properly functioning, reporting defective equipment and supplies to supervisor.
10. Assists with quality improvement activities as directed.
11. May perform other duties as required.
|Skills||Education: High school diploma plus specialized training.
Experience: Minimum of one year nursing experience
Licenses or Certifications: LPN or RN, BCLS certified. Current TN IV certification preferred.
|Mental Requirements||Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently.
|Sitting %||10 %|
|Standing %||40 %|
|Walking %||50 %|
|Lifting/pushing/pulling %||30 %|
|Machines and equipment used||
|Travel %||0 %
|Working Conditions||With public|